What You Learn
- Receive the exclusive individual and undivided attention of our professional confectioner;
- Learn the history of chocolate. Where is it grown, how is it harvested, how it's made, etc...;
- See real cacao beans and chocolate in its various stages of production (nibs, powder, etc). Find out how it is harvested, turned into baker’s chocolate, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate. What really is white chocolate and why does chocolate melt so slowly in your mouth but fast in your hand?
- Learn how fudge is made and why our fudge is unique. We take your group through the entire process from mixing, cooking and cooling the fudge. Find out why we use marble tables in the creation of our products;
- Watch our confectioner transform fresh ingredients into a loaf of smooth, creamy fudge, and create some unique chocolate confections for you to enjoy during your tour. Everyone will find the entire process educational and very entertaining;
Schedule Your Visit
To schedule your group visit, please call (816) 421-0012, or send us an email (email@example.com) today!
Group visits are scheduled between 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM daily, except Tuesday and Sunday.
The cost for the visit is $6.00 per participant and includes a goodie bag filled with fudge and chocolate. We do not charge Chaperones or Leaders, but we do extend a 10% discount as our "Thank-You" for helping with the group.
Each visit lasts approximately 45 minutes. Our minimum number for a group is 10 participants.
Chip’s Chocolate Factory is located on level two of Crown Center, and your parking is free when we provide you with a validation slip. We plan for the tours to begin on time, so please let us know if you are running late. Please let us know in advance if a tour participant has a special dietary need, cannot eat sugar or chocolate, is allergic to nuts, or has other concerns we need to be aware of.
“But wait! I’m not part of a group!”
Don’t worry! Chip’s Chocolate Factory is the perfect way to enhance your visit to Crown Center. The Factory is open to all! Tours are designed for groups who wish to visit the factory and ensure a dedicated performance and educational presentation, but family-sized groups, couples, or individuals can just walk right in and watch the magic at work.
The best suggestion is to call ahead to 816.421.0012 if you plan to visit. We'll be glad to tell you when we'll be doing our demonstrations, and when the best time is to come see the action.